HW: Review - Chronicles of the Black Sword

Arioch siyer at NRC-IRIS.NRC.UAB.EDU
Fri Oct 20 08:55:46 EDT 1995

>> Needle Gun starts off the 2nd side of the LP with stinging guitars and the
><SNIP>
>>  Nasty guitar for heavy metal kids.  Turn it up full blast!
>
>When I first got this LP, I thought it was the best thing they ever
>did. I still like it, but it is WAY too 'commercial' I think.

well, it would be deemed commercial if you heard it played on top 40 radio
all the time, and i can say definitively that i have never heard it being
played on any top 40 or album oriented rock or hard rock station (btw, i'm
from new york city where we have a bunch of these types of stations).  of
course, i dont know if you guys have heard it being played on any station.
however, the only radio station that i've heard where hawkwind was played
was my college radio station where it was played on my show.

btw, good review...;)

Lord Volgular Skullsplitter I
siyer at nrc-iris.nrc.uab.edu
"...I, while the gods laugh, the world's vortex am;
 Maelstrom of passions in that hidden sea
 Whose waves of all time lap the coasts of me,
 And in small compass the dark waters cram..."