[HW] update on cover project

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Sun Oct 22 00:27:34 EDT 1995

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, cjohnson wrote:

>        I am curious to know the state of the j-shell covers part of the HW
>        Cover Tape project.  I have quite a bit of equipment available for
>        my use in this area, with the only real limiting factor being my
>        own time.  I would like to volunteer some part of my time and
>        equipment to producing the j-shell covers.

Cool.  Please get in touch with Gary Wingert (I think that was Gary's
last name) on the list, to finalize designs, etc. [maybe incorporating
some of the images from the NetHawks Ts????].  Dave Berry is working
on a final tracklist.  Frank Weil offered to make copies of the final
design.

>        I have access to 24-bit color scanner, Tektronix Color Paper
>        Proofer (!!!), and several decent 600-dpi monochrome printers.

Muhahahahhaahhahahaahaha!  Sounds like we'll be in good shape :-)

>        In addition, I have and use copies of Photoshop, Pagemaker, Quark
>        Express, and have full access to almost every other off-the-shelf
>        page layout program (Multi Ad Creator, Freehand, Illustrator,
>        Corel).  I have used this software together with the Color Proofer
>        to make tape and CD labels before with great success.
>
>        The expense of printing the color labels is quite cheap (compared
>        to what it USED to cost); I should be able to crank out about 20+
>        sheets, each containing two tape labels, pretty easily without
>        upsetting my employer.  That should get us 40 or so tape labels.

Each set will be 3 tapes, and we have at least 35 or so requests
(including some contributors), call it 40 sets at present, so that's 120
labels.  I think it's probably better to take up Frank on his copying
offer rather than risk offending your employer :-)

>        My only real limiting factor is my own artistic ability (which is
>        *QUITE* limited).  I am a programmer; my job is to support all the
>        different items I mentioned above.  I am *NOT* an artist, per se,
>        but I CAN make nice things out of graphics that others create...

OK.  Do people like the idea of using some of the NetHawks images?  Would
their original creators mind?

>        Anyways, feel free to let me know if you already have all this
>        covered, or whether I can contribute anything.

Thanks again, everyone, for your contributions, interest, and help!  Get
any final requests in this week, please, and contact Dave or I about any
last-minute additions to the set.

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     Nomad of the Time Streams #159
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            Keeper of _The Dead Gods Book_
iscladoc at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_