HW: a few more notes

C.E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sun Oct 22 15:19:35 EDT 1995

        As an aside, I encountered Alan Davey last night and enquired
of a few things.  Apparently his solo album is 75% done, and when it
comes out it will most likely _not_ be on EBS (dunno how this will effect
any possible Griffin release) due to--I think I heard all this right--Alan
reckoning he can make quite a lot more money _without_ Doug Smith at
the helm ;)  I'm pretty sure I also heard a few disparaging words about
Doug Smith ... discontent in the ranks?
        Alan hopes to use the profits to buy a 16-track digital ADAT
recording studio set-up for himself.
        A few notes for musicians and music-gear-heads out there.  Alan's
main bass is a Ricky 4003, with a 4000 (!) as a backup.  He's got a
Seymour Duncan pickup in the neck position, which is the only pickup he
uses.  He plays through some kind of ancient 50W (I think I heard this
right) Fender amp, which he says gives him some cool sustain.

Cheers,
Carl