HW: London review

Dr. M S Wright M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Mon Oct 23 06:38:45 EDT 1995

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, bart wrote:

> I was half expecting to see a review from a listmember who stayed for the
> duration saying that salt tank/optic eye were brilliant and/or Hawkwind played
> a second set of storming classics, all missed because we went in search of a
> curry and couldn't get back in. As for the pizza, "this is what you want, this
> is what you get" :-(  It was all a bit hazy after that (must have been the
> aspirin)

Well, my first message seems to be stuck somewhere, I'll see if this gets
out. The techno malarky bands varied enormously, and as they didn't
introduce themselves often (or if they did I was a bit asleep) I cannot
really pass great comments of wisdom. However fear not, there was no HW
reappearance, some of the bands were quite mellow, and some were quite
hectic, and some were 2 dancers in wierd outfits with a person hidden by
keyboards (and although this sounds like a description of HW it wasn't).

At about 4 o'clock I wished I'd had the common sense to leave in search
of food when the rest of you did, instead of leaving the Academy at 6 in
the morning (really 5) and having to wait 2 hours for the first tube out
of Brixton, or getting a 10 pound taxi to Paddington to get the 6:30 train.

Cheers to all the people I met, and indeed to anyone else

Mike w