BOC @ JAXX/NIGHT OF THE HUGE GUITARIST

Mon Oct 23 15:04:06 EDT 1995

>Well then I would suggest they played the right one, Astronomy

I think when the audience had its choice, Astronomy won out most of the
time.  IMHO its the most "classic" of the 3, and probably deserves to
be in most BOC sets.  But, variety is the spice of life . . .

>Anybody recall the last time they did Archer
live?

Don't know if this was the last time, but I believe it was on a setlist
back in March of '95.

>I am a bit miffed that ME262 had to bite the
bullet to make room for Lips.

Well, gotta remove something.  And I can guarantee ya that ME262 will go
before Burnin' For You will.  Definitely a plus though to get Lips back
in the set - not only does it mark a change of pace from the standard
sets, but also brings back a blast from the past that's directly aimed
at the more hardcore fans.  And, like several other BOC classics, this
one (ME-262, that is) has been part of the set for around 20 years.

>drop at least two of the
other three Zilla and Burnin'.

NOT gonna happen - and it probably shouldn't either.  Would you expect
Black Sabbath to drop Iron Man and Paranoid?  How 'bout Deep Purple
dropping Smoke on the Water and Highway Star?  I like the idea of trying
to do the songs in a new way (i.e. perhaps Reaper acoustic), but these
tunes will be gone from the set only when BOC is gone from the stage.

>In addition, I guess Black isn't
really a new song since I also heard it in 94

Well, Harvest Moon has been around since about 1990.  Still Burnin',
Power Underneath Despair, and Cold Grey Light of Dawn have been around
since at least 1992, maybe earlier.  Then, there's the Bad Channel's
tunes as well, although Bolle told me that Eric said that they will no
longer be in any BOC sets.

>Of all the BOC songs this one just doesn't fit Eyes and I
could never imagine Buck trying to sing it (Cities on Flame)

Well, when Buck, Ron Riddle, and Jon Rogers played in The Red and the
Black, guess who sang "Cities on Flame"?  Yep, and it does sound a bit
different with Buck's vocals.  Also, Joe Bouchard sang it in his band
The Cult Brothers - so I've heard 4 of the 5 original members sing it.

John