HW: Were you at the same gig?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Oct 23 15:09:33 EDT 1995

>   The robot which he controlled using what seemed
>   to be a portable stereo's graphic equalliser added a fun
>   element, we all knew it wouldn't be the best in robotics
>   technology, after all this is Hawkwind not Pink Floyd.

        Hey, I liked the robot! :)

>    At least Brock is playing his guitar more

        That in fairness, is true.  I was actually surprised once or
twice by the prominence of the guitar, since Brock has been hiding in
the back of the mix as well as the back of the stage of late.  Now
if only he'd given that wah pedal a good workout ....

>   I think the reason
>   for being so far back on the stage was to allow them to set
>   their gear up behind the curtain to allow for a faster
>   changeover time after the previous band, but it would have
>   been better if they were closer to the audience.

        They should put it on wheeled units and wheel everything into
place and plug it in before the set.  Yeah, that would take a little
longer than having everything already set up (in the next county) but
the pros outweigh the cons.

>    Nice to put a face to some of the names on the list,
>   though a word of warning...don't buy any chocolate from Carl. :)

        Next time, I'll keep it in my _outer_ pocket! ;)

Cheers,
Carl