london gig

Yuri Gagarin A.Wilson at DERBY.AC.UK
Tue Oct 24 12:23:46 EDT 1995

finally made it back: how i miss the parties of londinium out here in
ultima thule

ha! well, i had great old time: missed e-one in the pub, bumped into
a number of people i'd not seen for a while, some i had; got
completely off my tits with them and er, enjoyed myself...

missed most bands, but, seem to remember not minding back to the
planning department; being one of those quite happily surprised by
utah saints, and well, i'm in the minority of those on the list who
had a really a good time to hawkwind: they sounded good, the robot &
tree seemed very funny at the time and the dancers/fire etc caused
the occasional diversion when my head needed it... silver machine
gave me much laughter; assassins i thought was on top form, dave's
guitar sounded great, the bass-heavy sound what i like at a gig and i
found the ambient bits generally useful for resting between jumping
around (and given that i ended up twisting an already sprained ankle
i was pretty pleased by this). anyway, it was a good laugh: even the
baron appeared to be grinning quite a lot - or maybe that was at the
galatic tour t-shirt he had on ( a personal fave - and it glows:) )

but imagine my surprise to discover that the largely still group
standinf to my left were the boc-lers; hey guys, if you don'y have a
good time, you won't have a good time!!  (oops, this sounds a bit
offensive, i don't mean it to be, but yawl did seem kinda, uh, still,
no matter, nice to meat you briefly)

...anyway rediscovered my fiends' safe-haven and quite enjoyed the
mellowing-off vibe of electrick groove temple or whatever, and well,
mellowed off...

ygafw