We all have our own versions...Brixton 21/10

Le Monsieur Damon dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Tue Oct 24 19:44:54 EDT 1995

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, Maxine Wesley wrote:
> The Orb are doing well out of exactly that format  - when I saw them they
> were merely silhouettes of blokes in bobble hats playing records (not an
> instrument in sight). It's a cult thing?

Actually, they have *gasp* instruments now... they are still using their
wave sequencers and whatever else kind of synths, but they also use real
(!) drums and bass now.  It seems to me that The Orb are going through
some sort of transition from "just pressing the ON switch" to doing
actual performances.  That would be RILLY cool... now if they could turn
down the bass just a bit, I might be able to go to another one of their
concerts and SURVIVE with my ears still in working condition....

Damon Capehart          | UTD Student Govt. Assoc., Communications Committee;
dcapehar at utdallas.edu   | Society of Physics Students