Proposal for a new (sub)list: BOC-L-ANNOUNCE

Chris Siebenmann cks at HAWKWIND.UTCS.TORONTO.EDU
Tue Oct 24 21:00:07 EDT 1995

 BOC-L-ANNOUNCE would be a mailing list for (to use some vague phrasing)
'announcements of interest to the BOC-L community', including but not
necessarily limited to new album announcements, tour dates, and so on.
It would probably be low volume (but hey, if there's a sudden spate of
tours or albums or tshirts, I'm all for it); this probably requires a
moderator, or maybe the Reply-To: could be cooerced to point to the main
list.

 This would allow people who can't handle the volume of BOC-L on a
timely basis (or at all) keep up with 'important' stuff, or at least
time-limited stuff.

 Unfortunately I can't host such a list; does anyone (perhaps Our
Humble Moderator)? Is this not a good idea at all?

        - cks, who will eventually find replies to this sent to
               the list, but expect a week or two delay.