"small clubs" debate

Steve zaius at TELEPORT.COM
Tue Oct 24 22:08:45 EDT 1995

...Despite the thousands of people (compared to hundreds
>indoors), it was definitely a better show outside.  Also, the energy of the
>crowd is much better at the large outdoor shows.

Outdoor shows-you're totally right.  Indoor shows suck.  I really hate
being trapped in a hocky barn with a hundred thousand surley metal types
sauced up on cheap fart juice American beer and then hear a show replete
with lousy acoustics.

>One area I might disagree with RR is where he says that BOC is playing more
>for the love of the music than to make big bucks.  I think they're just doing
>what they're best at to make a living, just like the rest of us working
>stiffs who go to work everyday.

Maybe not.  If they're doing it as a job and think of themselves as working
stiffs, then they'd put out a record every once in a while!  (besides
another worn out compilation)

"I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the sort of person I'm
preaching to."
-J.R. "Bob" Dobbs