Tattoo Talisman

ROBERT SEDLER robert.sedler at NOR.MKL.COM
Sat Oct 21 22:24:00 EDT 1995

Howdy ho all! Remember me? It seems like I've become somewhat of a
lurker on this list. Oh well, that's what happens when you get on more
mailing lists than you can keep control of!

Anyway, just a little BOC tidbit I had not heard mention of on the
list before. I was thinking the other day about the BOC/Stephen king
relationship- The Stand mention and remake, and the Stephen King
Astronomy intro. It then dawned on me that BOC is also mentioned in
another Stephen King book - The Talisman. So I went back and found it
(you guessed right, I have NO life).

In Chapter 29: RICHARD AT THAYER, King writes: "From the room above
came regular thumps and an occasional drift of music Jack finally
recognized as a record by Blue Oyster Cult."

AND

In Chapter 31: THAYER GOES TO HELL, King writes: "The screaming heavy
metal of Blue Oyster Cult's `Tattoo Vampire' was gone."

If Stephen Spielburg (who currently owns the film rights to The
Talisman) ever decides to give it a go and make the movie, I hope he
would have the decency and good sense to use the song in the movie!

Be Seeing You!

Torgo
robert.sedler at nor.mkl.com

OBCDlateLY: Frank Zappa- Joe's Garage acts I, II & III. "Don't you be
tarot-fied, it's just a token of my extreme."