info needed for Codex

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Oct 25 14:25:42 EDT 1995

The two new compilations need to have the tracks checked against other
tracks in the Codex. I realise that it's entirely likely that the tracks
on "Space Is Deep" will be the same as on the other compilations like
"British Tribal Music" et al and that the ones on the Independent Days
CD will be as on the LP's. However unless it is checked then cuts, edits
and remixes will slip by us and the Codex won't be as accurate as we'd
all like. For example the difference in "High Rise" on the vinyl and CD
of PXR5 took me by surprise and it surprised me that the italian
"Assassins of Allah" 7" was the same as on the Reading 86 VD.

The only real way to do this is to play the CD's against vinyl or tapes
of vinyl and check that the versions are identical in length and
composition. It can be a little tedious, as Jill and I know all too well
:-) But if someone wants to do their bit for the Codex then let me know
after you've identified a match, cut, edit or remix.

Cheers

FoFP