WotT

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Thu Oct 26 12:14:43 EDT 1995

Although there's some disappointment here with Workshop of the Telescopes
because it doesn't have much in the way of previously-unheard stuff, I
must say that I'm really quite impressed.  Previous compilations,
eg.Career of Evil, have been somewhat piecemeal - this one, however, is
pretty comprehensive.  Everything about it suggests that Sony have taken
real care over it, from the liner notes to the memorabilia that features
in the artwork.

The live version of Workshop of the Telescopes is one of the high points
of the album for me. One minor quibble is that i would rather have heard
the studio version of D&S than the ETL version. So far I've only played
it through my PC, so I can't really judge the sound quality---but am I
right in thinking that the tracks have been remastered, notably the early
stuff which is so muddy on the CDs?

Dave