R. Meltzer

Thu Oct 26 15:13:08 EDT 1995

This question is probably best answered by Deb or Al, but if anyone
else knows . . .

For someone trying to "get to know" Richard Meltzer, what would be the
best source.  Based on Deb's comments, it wouldn't appear that "The
Night (Alone)" would be the place to start.  I've seen a few of his
columns in "Addicted to Noise" (an on-line music magazine -- see the
FAQ for the web address), and I'm not sure what to think of him.  There
was a column he did a few months back where he detailed some of his
sexual experiences (or from his viewpoint, lack thereof) with one
woman, and I guess I kept wondering, "What the hell does all this
have to do with music?".  But, he has obviously written some very
cool lyrics for both BOC and the Brain Surgeons, and I'd be somewhat
interested to know where some of that inspiration came from.

John