Off Topic: Kyuss's new album

BRIAN THOMAS HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Thu Oct 26 23:13:38 EDT 1995

        I don't know if the album has been released, but I have a radio
single of the song "One Inch Man" from the album "...And the Circus Leaves
Town".  I have limited experience with Kyuss, but I enjoy the song.  I don't
know how it compares with their earlier work.  Here's what Alan Di Perna of
Guitar World magazine said about it:
        Kyuss: ...And the Circus Leaves Town ****
He says that it "packs a lot of classic metal chug and wallop, but this band's
forte will always be the long, mesmerizing groove."  He mentions their sense of
humor and that their "heaviest interludes are too sidewinding and off-kilter
for plain old headbanging."  This is actually a review by Jessica Willis, I
mixed her up with the guy praising the Velvet Underground Box Set.  Oops.
Anyway, she seems to really enjoy it so if you see it around it might be
worth getting.

Brian
<Halligbt at bigvax.alfred.edu>