BOC: Centrum in '82, More on Imaginos

Fri Oct 27 11:58:49 EDT 1995

Replying to a few of Rich Hamel's comments:

>, it was at the Centrum, with Also Nova. I was blown away! I can
clearly remember a lot of the the show even after 14 years or whatever.

Yeah, very memorable for me (although Aldo Nova's guitar cranked up at
11 and all those high notes left my ears ringing for days).  A great
concert, and if you've lurked for a few weeks, you may have seen my post
of how my brother and I stayed at the hotel where the band was at that
night, and I happened to be in the men's room when Buck Dharma himself
came up to the adjacent urinal.

> Based on the fact that that song isn't much tied in with the other songs
(notable exception  in the "Your Master" part of In the Presence..." I'm
of the opinion that this was something Les Invisibles had going on the
side. Of course the unpublished songs may clarify this.

A few points here.  As far as something Les Invisibles had "on the side",
remember that Imaginos was an actor playing many roles.  This kind of
goes along a thread on here awhile back asking if there was more than
one Imaginos.  My take on it is that there was only one, and as an agent
for Les Invisibles, he took on several roles (probably many more that
were not discussed on the Imaginos album) - one example is the speculation
that the role of the ME-262 pilot (in the song of the same name) may
have been another role of Imaginos (or perhaps his "Captain Von Ondine" -
there's some speculation about this in the FAQ, as well as Bryce "The
Subhuman" Baker's mini-thesis on Imaginos).

As for the "unpublished" songs, there are only a few that I know of
and they may not clarify the issue of Frankenstein.  However, this leads
me to a question that perhaps Al can answer -- did the songs done for
Imaginos (both what was on, and left off, the album) represent all of
Pearlman's writings in this area?  Or, did he right an even larger set
of poems as part of "The Soft Doctrines of Immaginos" that go beyond
what you put to music?

John