BOC @ JAXX/NIGHT OF THE HUGE GUITARIST

Matt Thompson thompsom at OSOFT_NT.BUCKHEAD.COM
Fri Oct 27 16:16:00 EDT 1995

Some thoughts on the recent Cities on Flame discussion:
I agree about missing Al's drumming on the song.  However, he always
seemed to improvise the fills before the last verse and sometimes they
were great and sometimes they left me wanting the album versions.

Al's singing definitely had character.  It wasn't technical and there
were some missed notes at times but the feeling was always there.  I
thought it was there for Eric in the beginning as well.  I actually like
the singing on the ETL version.  My biggest complaint is that he seems to
be mailing this one in lately.  He's kinda lazy on the "cities on flame"
line of the chorus.  I liked how on ETL he sings "cities on flame" once
on the chorus the first time, "cities on flame they're on flame" on the
second time, and "cities on flame, cities on flame, cities on flame" the
third time.  Now he's practically blowing off the whole line.

Anyone know if there's any truth to there being a BOC show in North
Hampton, MA on November 11?  Any other New England shows that weekend?  I
will be in Boston that weekend and would love to make a show since they
don't seem to be scheduled to come to Atlanta soon (although I plan on
making some of the FL shows if they happen).