OffTop: Linda Spa/TD (was: Area S.4.)

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Fri Oct 27 16:50:15 EDT 1995

> On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Craig Shipley wrote:
> > I thought _everything_ was Steve Swanns' fault! But, in this case, its'
> > Edgars' fault. But, hell, it could be my fault. "Some people claim,
> > Linda Spa is to blame, but I know, it's all Edgars' fault!" - With
> > apologies to Mr. Buffett.
>
> Like anyone with a hormone to spare could place the blame on anything that
> looks like Linda Spa!  ROWR! :)  *sigh* May they play a show in Dallas
> next year (even if the music remains mediocre).
>
> Damon Capehart          | UTD Student Govt. Assoc., Communications Committee;
> dcapehar at utdallas.edu   | Society of Physics Students

My last word on this in the public forum...

I love synthesizers, I love saxs, I love sax 'n' synths together (i.e.
Passport, HW), I love(d) TD but ever since they added the sax to their
lineup, the TD that I knew and loved was gone. S'cuze me, ladies of the
BOC-L, for what is going to sound like a mighty sexist statement, but IMHO,
Ms. Spa is merely eye candy. She contributes zero to the sound of the band,
as she sounds like every other bland sax honker out there (at least Nik
does a good waterfowl imitation!). Iffen ya ask me, TD lost its' way when
Chris Franke left the band. The music that Edgar & Co. has been making
since his departure sounds like he has gotten one groove in his head and
keeps looping it over and over again, with minor variations. And TD used
to be the band that led the rest of the world in innovative sounds and
textures; now they just play the presets (IMHO)! Sorry, I'm ranting...

I'll be glad to take this topic up via private e-mail. Haven't had any
fun with TD since I left the mailing list; mebbe I should re-subscribe
to go blast the new release! ;-)

objCassette Deck: Minimum Vital / Sarabandes - One of my top ten of all time!
                  Guitars, synths and accordians! :-)

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400