HW: new album out!

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Sun Oct 29 17:55:09 EST 1995

>         I had been considering waiting until the Griffin version in the
> States came out to get it, but it may be that I have to get it ASAP! :)
>         I suppose "Love in Space" has been banished to vinyl-only
> territory?  That would be annoying ...

ummm - better wait for a few more reviews.   I was listening to it again
last night without the bass turned so high and...   well ... somehow it
just didn't seem so intense.   I found I was suffering from an
extraordinary desire for someone to actually "sing" something rather
than just chant it mechanically or recite it in speech.   Also the
"Alien" track is surprisingly slow - I'd prefer they'd speeded it up a
bit!   I just hope that increasing familiarity isn't breeding contempt
here.    Maybe I'm just missing the dancers and the fire-eaters as the
visual counterpart to the music!

The extra track on the vinyl is "Space Sex" however it is just
working up to be a good-sounding piece of instrumental work when
they cut it short 8-(

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk