WotT

Dan Lindfors lindfors at ALGONET.SE
Mon Oct 30 07:01:22 EST 1995

> Having been listening to WotT several times over the past few days, I've
> suddenly realised that we now have an answer to a question asked several
> times on this list: "Which BOC album would you recommend to a friend who
> has never heard the band?"
>
> Dave

Hmm.... Most of my friends are about 35, with house and kids. I'm not
sure if they will listen to my advice. But then again, they haven't
done that for the last 20 years... :-) To late to save their souls.

Yes, I've also played WotT a lot lately, and the question I ask myself is:
what special quality does these songs have that
makes it possible for me to play them over and over again for 20 years?!
Of course it helps if you get one or two new songs now and then, or
versions that you've never heard before... (cool BTBW)

There were some comments on drumming lately, and even if I've never been
that much into drumming I fully agree with those who feel that Al has always
been one of the best (he _plays the drums_). I specially loved his early
inventive style, and actually missed some of that on the later albums.
(came to think of it... It's a shame, I haven't ordered Trepanation
yet. Any day now, I promise!)

Anyway, on WotT I've realised that the Ninja songs are different
from my vinyl. If I remember it correctly mine was a "scandinavian
mix" or european mix and the first one to be released. I've always hated the
insensitive drums on Ninja, they almost killed the good songs from
that album - (I remember that Sandy Pearlman said they had used the
latest studiotechnic for the drums and worked on them for almost a
year... Excellent...) but now I've noticed that the versions on WotT- Dancin'
in the Ruins and Perfect Water  -  have a much better mix. So for you
americans who have bad things to say about Ninja - have you heard the
european mix?... Enough!

One last thing. All these years Mr Samuel Pearlman has been somewhat
influential on the bands doings. But I've NEVER seen a picture of
this Sandman. How does he look? Where do I find a picture?

Dan