Bloom's attitude again.

Jean Lansford lansford at VNET.NET
Sat Oct 28 11:24:03 EDT 1995

On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, "BREVARD Adrian R." wrote:

>I see we are touching the AOL vs. BOC-L thing again.

<sigh>  Again?

>In his defense when
>someone posted his response on this service I think Eyes did not want to
>join BOC-L because of a heavy commitment to AOL and the group that was
>formed there.  I distinctly recall the end of his message stating if someone
>could show him something better he would take a look at it.  I interpreted
>this as meaning if there were a service were the AOL, Prodgidy and BOC-L
>crew could all access that would be great.

The Bloom post that was forwarded here was his response to just such a
suggestion, that with the newsgroup (alt.whatever.it.is) getting going
the AOLers should migrate there.

>My opinion is
>that the AOL vs BOC-L flap was not a slight to the fine folks here on this
>service, rather it was Eyes expression that he preferred AOL for reasons
>other than the folks who populate either.

My feeling is that he prefers the AOL interface.  (Admit it, folks,
not everyone is going to be comfortable with a Unix shell nor computer
savvy enough to maintain a winsock setup.)  And quite possibly hasn't
either the time or the money to sink into following a newsgroup in
addition to the AOL folder, which he is not going to abandon.