Imaginos found!

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Mon Oct 30 11:31:33 EST 1995

        I had the distinct pleasure of dining chez Bouchard/Frost on
        Saturday and had a wonderful time.  What's cooler than seeing
        Gold Records on the wall (actually, I'd seen gold records
        before, just none to which I'd contributed a sale) *and* seeing
        Al's studio, er, living room, is that:

        a) you get to hear demos of upcoming goodies

        and

        b) it doesn't take much, well, ANY, prodding to get Al to talk
        about _Imaginos_.  :-)

        All I have to say about point B is this: anyone paying attention
        to the name of the leader of the Seceding Party in Quebec?
        Lucien Bouchard.  Al claims blood relation.  Could this be
        Imaginos here, in 1995, modifying history for his own illicit
        ends?  I think Al may be closer to the source than previously
        thought.

        As for point A, I must avoid letting any cats out of any bags, so
        I'll talk about the new Brain Surgeons LP demos we heard.  I'll
        summarize:

        The next Brain Surgeons album will be even better than
        _Trepanation_.

        What I heard is decidedly *heavier* and more robust than any of
        the efforts to date.  Sure, there was plenty of melody and some
        slower/nicer tracks (sans vocals), but look out.  The first
        track Al played for us is the crowned successor to "The Red and
        the Black" and it's clear why: a riff!  A riff!  The last time I
        heard a real, full blown, not-just-the-bridge riff from BOC
        (past or present) is probably "Godzilla."  Sure, there were
        killer riffs in _Imaginos_, but this is different.  This is the
        sorta' stuff you blast out of your car to scare the people next
        to you.  Actually, so is _Imaginos_, so maybe I'll try to think
        of a better example.

        Ok, best music since _Imaginos_?  How's that?

        Anyway, there's more to say, but I'll leave it at this: Xmas '95
        will hold a special place in the hearts of Brain Surgeon (and
        BOC) fans.

        Not to be overlooked, I also had a chance to finally meat Team
        Swann (much to my delight).  S and T rounded out an excellent
        evening.  I await his report as well.

        Thank you, Al, Deb, and Ace!  Keep up the excellent work.

Chip Hart                          *            chip at pcc.com
People's Computer Company          *            http://www.pcc.com/~chip
15 Pinecrest Drive                 *            Work:800-722-7708
Essex Junction, VT  05452          *            Fax: 802-872-8177