HW: Cover art (was Re: HW: Choose Your Masques Review)

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Tue Oct 31 05:53:00 EST 1995

Paul a dit:

> The cover of this LP is so incredible, you should buy this one even if
> you hate the music (not that this is terribly likely IMHO). Set on a
> background of stars and planets, with a sun shining brightly in the
> center, is a robed and hooded Grim Reaper-ish being holding a silver
> hawkmask. It is quite obvious that RCA made more funds available than
> previous record companies for the quality cover artwork for both this
> and the previous release, 'Sonic Attack'.

You reckon?!?  I hated the _SA_ cover, and thought this one was slick
enough, but not really Hawkwind, somehow.  (Though the _Angels of Death_
RCA compilation is really very nice, as is _Church_.) Maybe we should
have a cover art poll!  My entry:

1 Warrior (with chaos shield)
2 25 Years On
3 Roadhawks
4 In Search of Space
5 Space Ritual
6 Doremi
7 Grill
8 Church
etc, etc.

> The next track begins with what sounds like a voice sample taken from
> some 60's sci-fi movie,

It's from the intro to the classic TV series, _The Outer Limits_.  (They
changed it for the '90s remake.  Not a good move.)

- Andy