HW: Space Daze book

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Oct 31 08:48:21 EST 1995

>      I picked up this little book today called Space Daze by
> Dave Thompson. Subtitled: the History & Mystery of Electronic
> Ambient Space Rock. Anyone else have it? Anyone know anything
> about the author? There's no "About the author..." intro, but I
> think he may be connected w/Cleopatra Records; the copyright is
> Cleo, and at the end there's an ad for a compilation CD put out
> by Cleo, a "companion" to the book, which features many of the
> artists in the book (HW included). And I guess the publisher is
> Cleo, since that's the only address given that I've seen yet.

        Yup, this came out about--oo--a year back with a companion
double CD from Cleopatra.  It's pretty interesting, I thought, and the
CD is reasonable intro to alot of weird ambientoid bands (with a
Cleopatra slant, of course), though none of the tracks are what I
would really call "space rock".

Cheers,
Carl