Imaginos found!

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Tue Oct 31 09:09:03 EST 1995

        I learned a long time ago that it's better to be lucky than
        good...

CHARLES THE GRINNING BOY:
> What I would like to know tho' is if there is a possible release date
> for any BS stuff.

        I heard nothing beyond "next year."  What Al played for us was
        simply a set of demos at this point.  But the demos themselves
        sounded very full, very complete.  It's ironic, because I
        thought the biggest improvement of _Trepanation_ over
        _Eponymous_ was that it sounded like a BAND.  These demos were
        even better than I would have expected...I don't know if Al
        simply does very complete demos, but even the leads sounded
        great (I was surprised, at first, when he told me that it wasn't
        Pete playing the solo).

        It's also nice, because the "voice" or "sound" of the BS is
        becoming very clear.  I think you can chalk up most of _E_ and a
        lot of _T_ to Al+Deb finding a unique sound.  It's really quite
        apparent now.

        I guess another thing about the demos was that they sounded very
        LIVE (even though it was a drum loop).  As much as I like
        _Trep_, some of the songs are much better live ("Medusa" for
        example).  This stuff sounded very raw with a lot of punch.
        Perhaps that's just demo stuff, but I hope it sticks.

        No pressure now, huh Al? :-)

> What is the special treat in store for us in the near
> future that he doesn't want to blow?

        I have a feeling I'd have my ears chopped off should I say
        anything of substance.  The *only* thing I'll say is that
        you'll laugh and cry (with delight) once you know.

> Was there any other snippets that
> he wants to share with us?

        Um, Ace has a really cool walkie talkie set?  Al has a cool
        Godzilla magazine?  Deb has some Misfits albums?  That's about
        it.

Chip Hart                          *            chip at pcc.com
People's Computer Company          *            http://www.pcc.com/~chip
15 Pinecrest Drive                 *            Work:800-722-7708
Essex Junction, VT  05452          *            Fax: 802-872-8177