BOC: Symbol

Steve zaius at TELEPORT.COM
Tue Oct 31 11:14:20 EST 1995

There is a cottage industry that has grown up around pop music which
involves drawing parrellels between popular music (mainly jazz at first and
nowadays almost exclusively rock music) and the Horned Guy With the Pointy
Stick (as Frank Zappa called him)
I imagine these people sincerely believe that there is some sort of
conspiracy of rock stars to bring devil worship into the mainstream.
However, as John notes, their arguments are almost entirely fallacious and
involve really odd turns of logic.
I remember in High School, there was this whole thing about 'My Sweet
Satan' (supposed Zeppelin backward message that actually sounds like
nothing of the sort -surprise surprise)
There are Christian fringe groups that believe the Zionist Occupation
Government is going to place the US under the rule of evil Jew bankers and
there are Christian kooks who beleive the Dinosaurs were literally demons
from hell.  Any real Christian should find as much amusement in all this as
a non-Christian.
Read Donna Kossy's 'Kooks' c1994 Feral House (Publisher's Group West)  for
some hilarious examples.
Someone earlier suggested that the BOC symbol was a modified Planet symbol
(for Saturn or something)  Given the genesis of much of the rest of BOC's
pseudo-mystical trappings, this is more likely than any statement on
Christianity.

Dr. Zaius

"I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the sort of person I'm
preaching to."
-J.R. "Bob" Dobbs