HW reference in Spin magazine

Jason Gool etljegl at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Tue Oct 31 09:23:07 EST 1995

> On Mon, 30 Oct 1995, cjohnson wrote:
>
> >        Remember that scene in Spinal Tap when they are playing inside of
> >        various pseudo-druidic stage sets?  Wasn't there some kind of
> >        Stonehenge-resembling set there?  A la HW's "Atomhenge"?
>
> I got the impression that that particular scene of the film was a
> piss-take directed more at Jethro Tull than at Hawkwind, at least
> musically speaking.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

According to Ian Gillan, this was a piss-take of a Black Sabbath gig.
Apparently, they designed a Stonehenge set but they made it too
large and there was no room on the stage for the band. Gillan had to
stand side-on between two "stones" to get to his microphone.

Needless to say they only used the set once aswell.

Cheers,

Jas.