BOC: Symbol

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Oct 31 13:50:38 EST 1995

> There is a cottage industry that has grown up around pop music which
> involves drawing parrellels between popular music (mainly jazz at first and
> nowadays almost exclusively rock music) and the Horned Guy With the Pointy
> Stick (as Frank Zappa called him)

        Hey, that's me!  Every Halloween the Harvard SF club would strip
down (but stay legal ;), daub ourselves not blue paint (theatre pancake,
not actual woad ;) and go racing through the streets of Cambridge, MA
in pursuit of a similarly (un)attired person with antlers strapped to his
head and carrying a staff (namely, me :)
        Perhaps this is some other Horned Guy With the Pointy Stick
we are talking about here ... :)

        Ah, alas for those days!  Here it is, Samhain again, and no such
heady excitement in Cambridge, England I'm afraid ....

Cheers,
Carl