The Journey

Norman Beresford Norman at FAITH.FTECH.CO.UK
Fri Sep 1 14:27:45 EDT 1995

I was reading todays Guardian G2 section when I came across an article about
Steeleye Span's "The Journey" concert for the War Child charity.  The idea
is that each of the line ups will play a set as part of a nine hour concert.
This of course got me thinking.  Admitedly the 'wind have had a few more
then five line ups and one of their major members is dead but wouldn't it be
nice to see them do something similar.  You can imagine them starting off
playing Hurry On Sundown and slowly working their way through all of their
numbers from each era untill you reach the present and you could have one of
those storming live dance versions.  Band members could just wander on and
off stage reflecting the ebb and flow of band members.  Ok maybe poor old
Dave would have a heart attack or something but it would look (and sound)
bloody brilliant.

They could use it to celebrate their 25yrs and raise funds for a suitible
cause (Travellers Aid or Justice or something similar).  Even better it
would give all us youngsters (what is it about list members being 22) to see
those 'classic' line ups who we weren't even born in time to see.

It might just be a pipe dream but maybe words in the right places and all that.

                Norman