Monster Magnet no-show

Douglas B. Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Sat Sep 2 16:23:35 EDT 1995

Andy Gilham wrote:

>Tim and I were all fired up for a good mosh at Monster Magnet at the
>Astoria last night, except when we got there we saw a sign saying
>"cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances".  Bummer!
>
>Anyone have any idea of the reason?

The last time I tried to go to a Monster Magnet show that was cancelled for
"unforseen circumstances" was august '91 at Maxwell's, Hoboken NJ.
Apparently Tim Cronin (MM co-founder, original drummer & lead singer) was
hospitalized for some sort of liver complication (talk about living up to
one's reputation!).  That's the reason why he no longer performs with the
band, although I think he's still involved with the light show & their fan
newsletter (?).  Oh well, I just wish I'd had the chance to see the
original 3-piece lineup back in '89 ... *sigh*

later,

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com

ObCD: Dead C _The Whitehouse_