BS was Re: Monster Magnet no-show

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Sep 4 12:35:25 EDT 1995

> Tim and I were all fired up for a good mosh at Monster Magnet at the
> Astoria last night, except when we got there we saw a sign saying
> "cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances".  Bummer!
>
> Anyone have any idea of the reason?

It was a bummer indeed. We checked out the Marquee to see if anything was
worth seeing down at the Marquee, and were confronted by a sign for 'Astral
Amoeboid and the Space Toad Experience' but we figured it to be techno dance
crap. Besides, two increasingly drunk guys trying to mosh and yelling requests
for 'Spine of God' wouldn't go down too well I spect. :)

There is a point to this message though. After several pints and a decent
curry, I did finally get to hear Trepanation and most of Eponymous, and I must
say, from what I remember, I was pleasantly surprised. Ya got another fan over
here Al & Deb. Surely London is 7 hrs from NYC ... by jet. Howbout a gig? :-)

Tim

ObLondonBargain:  Mark Shreve "Assassin" for five quid