A fruitless search

yuri gagarin sop04afw at GOLD.AC.UK
Thu Sep 7 11:45:50 EDT 1995

On Tue, 5 Sep 1995, Norman Beresford wrote:
> >>From the official postcard, the Alien tour dates:
> >4/9/95   Area 54 release.
> Spent today ringing round the various record shops in London. HMV has it
> down for release on the 11th.  Virgin had it down as released but as none of
> their shops had it (including the Oxford street Megastore) the person I
> spoke to said it's release date must have been put back.  Our Price had
> nothing about it period.  Same goes for Tower.

Having done exactly the same yeast & toady i came up with same responses
(incl. the 11th date from the delectable woman at the info point) but
think i've sussed out wtfigo: tower told me their delivery day for
singles is mondays - prob the same for others, the 'charts' being
revealed to an impatient nation(?!) on sundays. so i reckon that although
the release date was this monday, it'll arrive at the shops next monday
(logistics etc.).

as to places to stay near brixton, well living in the locale (until next
friday anyway - timing or wot?) b&b's don't spring to mind but i know of
a cheap *looking* hotel in camberwell - the area next to brixton, just
down coldharbour lane. I'll find out the prices in the next few days and
get the info back. i'll be staying over at friends but am not too sure
how delighted they would be if descended upon by a group of hawkfans.
Maybe it'll be an idea to think this through nearer the time, but it
might be an idea to meet up b4 the gig if some folks aren't to familiar
with london 'cos i know my round pretty well.

Also, saw a harvey bainbridge cd tadoy, "interstellar (chaos? or
something-or-other)" anyone know what it's like?

yg/afw