This is a call

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 7 18:11:56 EDT 1995

DAVID FURST writes:

> To borrow the Foo Fighters song title - This is a call, and
> impassioned at that, for all those who ordered Nethawk t-shirts to get
> your money in the mail to this guy - I am mailing mine today over the
> lunch hour.  Let's not leave this guy hanging - As I understand it -
> the shirts will not be printed until enough $$$'s show up.

I should state at this point that this was not my original intention.
However, the older denizens of this list will remember that I was ripped
off for a substantial sum by another list member in a previous trade. I
was willing to write that off as an unhappy none-off incident and
continue as before.

However, the past few months have produced another situation which could
go the same way. Someone from the list has an outstanding debt from a
trade and may be ignoring mail from me to get it settled. Hopefully
that's not the case and there's some other problem which we can settle
soon. For that reason I won't publish details here until I'm satisfied
that there isn't some other explanation.

Meanwhile however I'm going to have to conclude that an overtrusting
nature may have led me to this position twice and adopt the more strict
position that only those I've previously traded with or people vouched
for by such will be dealt with on a "pay me soonish when you can" basis.
By this I don't mean to imply that anyone is untrustworthy. I mean only
to protect myself to a better degree than I have previously.

I'm as disappointed as anyone that this is necessary, but I guess the
Real World doesn't always match up to idealism.

I'm sorry that makes the tshirts deal slower but hopefully most folks
will take the reminder as a gentle hint to find an envelope.

> Mr.  Boy

FoFP