HW: Review - Astounding

Paul Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Fri Sep 8 17:22:40 EDT 1995

On Thu, 7 Sep 1995, Damon C Capehart wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Sep 1995, Paul Ward wrote:
> > Title:          Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music
> > Lineup:         Dave Brock, Bob Calvert, Simon House, Paul Rudolph,
> >                 J Mandelkav (????), Alan Powell

> > rhythm guitar melody, and an effective combination of Turner's sax and
>                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^?
> > House's vilion to portray an image of a man-wolf stalking the streets
> > of London or the Scottish moors.
>
> Then may I assume that J. Mandelkav was just some weird pseudonym for Nik?

Possibly - I don't know! This album (at least my copy) has no liner notes
at all, and I took the list of 'players' from the song credits on the
record label itself. Given HW's history of 'he who wrote it sang it', I
assume that one J. Mandelkav performed on the LP, but he may have only
been involved in writing the piece (Kadu Flyer). Turner is missing form
my list of band member's only because he is not credited with having
written any of the tracks. When I wrote the body of the review, I
mentioned his sax because it was obviously present!

Now .... Can any more enlightened Hawkfans out there fill us poor
confused souls in?

Paul
--
Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'          .---.  __  .--------   Long