BOC

Fri Sep 8 08:52:23 EDT 1995

Yeah, BOC used to be a band that focussed more on the jam.  Even up
until about '81 or so when they were doing "Roadhouse Blues" and
throwing in bits of "Love Me 2 Times" -- since around then the
spontanaity (how DO you spell that) has gone, and the songs are done
the same way each night.  Maybe age is a factor, maybe BOC's popularity
is a factor, I don't know.  From what I understand from Les Braunstein,
jamming is really how the band started out as Soft White Underbelly.
That is, almost every song was basically a jam - with some vocals
added.

As far as bringing back the 5 guitar jams, well - that would be cool,
but only if their drummer can play guitar!  It's nice to see the Brain
Surgeons revive the 5 guitar bit (or should I say "1,000 Guitar" bit).

John