HW: Differences with Aussie Releases ?

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Sat Sep 9 11:02:47 EDT 1995

Paul Ward writes:

> During the course of the day I noticed some differences between his
> (british) and
> my (Australian) collection which some of the more avid Kollectors on this
> list may
> be interested in.

> Xenon Codex is not a fold out cover. The chess board appears on the front
> of the
> inner sleeve, with the credits on the rear.

Only the earlier British pressings were fold-out covers, too.  A friend
of mine, who bought it as soon as he saw it in the shops, didn't even
get a fold-out cover!

> CotBS was not released in Australia with the inner sleeve!

Same here, too.  Only the first X thousand came with printed inner sleeve.
(I think the _CotBS_ tour programme says what X is.)

> WotEOT is a single sleeve - no fold out shield!

Again, only the first run had the "shield" cover; subsequent pressings
were the cheaper "standard" sleeve, so I understand.

All of these "rarer" issues can be found advertised regularly in the
likes of _Record Collector_, _Goldmine_, etc.

Of course, the burning question is whether *ANY* of the "rare"
versions of these albums were ever released in Australia, or whether
the second-run versions were all you got.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Bevis Frond, "Dreamboat Sinking", _It Just Is_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.