HW & GONG relations

Olivier Boigey Olivier_Boigey at TECHLINK.FR
Sun Sep 10 11:31:15 EDT 1995

I' m looking for links between these two bands besides the following that I
remember:

* They played & were recorded at same festival in June '71: the famous
Glastonbury gig
* Gong's 'Flying Teapot' album is dedicated - among others - to HW
* Mike Howlett (ex-Gong bassist) played with Nik Turner's Sphinx around '78
* Nik plays on one track of Mother Gong/Gilly Smith album (the 1st?)
* Bob Calvert adds vocals to the song ' We circle around ' on Gong's '
Gongmaison ' album from 1989.
* Not to mention the Tim Blake's achieved arrival in 79
* In an interview last year near Paris Dave Brock confirmed the good
relations referencing Gong as a French band he particulary liked (Magma too)

Now have you tracks of other links and maybe other historic jams maybe...?

Olivier

- sent via an evaluation copy of BulkRate (unregistered).