HW & GONG relations

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Sep 11 13:22:32 EDT 1995

> I' m looking for links between these two bands besides the following that I
> remember:

I think Brian Tawn makes mention of the Hawkwind/Gong link during one of
his Hawkwind history articles.   Can't remember which though!   Could be
the Record Collector article.    It might even be worth writing to ask
him - I'm sure he'd be happy to help out.

> * Bob Calvert adds vocals to the song ' We circle around ' on Gong's '
> Gongmaison ' album from 1989.

NB:NB:NB - the Robert Calvert who plays with Gong and friends now (and
probably has done for some time) is NOT the Bob Calvert who was in
Hawkwind.    There seem to be a number of Robert/Bob Calverts around but
the only known associations that Bob Calvert had outside Hawkwind are
those listed in the discography (at least I *hope* that's where they are
listed!).

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk