Hawkwind tour dates updated

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Mon Sep 11 15:21:11 EDT 1995

Jill writes:

> Album due out on Sept 25 called Alien 4.   On vinyl and CD.  Tracklist:
> Abducted, Alien I am, Reject Your Human Touch, Blue Skin, Beam Me Up,
> Vega, Xenomorph, Journey, Sputnik Stan, Kapal, Festivals, Death Trap,
> Wastelands, Are You Losing Your Mind.   Extra track on the vinyl will be
> Space Sex.
>
> He reckons it's an excellent album with Alien I Am, Vega (I assume an
> instrumental), Sputnik Stan and Xenomorph standing out as particularly
> good tracks.

Ahhhh...if I remember correctly, the tune entitled 'Vega' is the one song they
just did on the US tour, that segued in right after the 'Alien' bit by the
Bastard....it is not an instrumental, and I liked it quite a lot.

Is this a studio/live mix???  I could imagine the Death Trap/Wastelands/Are you
losing your mind? (Iron Dream, renamed yet again??) portion could all be from
the '95 US tour (although I don't remember any mention of official recordings
made), as well as Sputnik Stan, Vega, and the Alien thing (Alien I Am?).

The other track names (especially the one-word titles) make me think that alot
of the rest of this stuff might be instrumental/ambient pieces, a la It's the
Biz...., but then I just might be getting my hopes down... :)

Any word about when Griffin may be releasing this thing???  And have they also
released the White Zone CD yet??  I know I haven't seen it anywhere around.

Keith H.

P.S.  Who was the other guitarist considered in HW???   And what about either
Crum or Simon House joining on, as was rumoured??