Hawkwind losing steam?

Norman Beresford Norman at FAITH.FTECH.CO.UK
Tue Sep 12 01:14:59 EDT 1995

>  Granted, HW has been doing this for some time, but I was never very fond
of the idea.

> And although I like the ambient/instrumental stuff they've been doing of
late, I hope they
>don't use it as a crutch on the new record.  Over-reliance on droning
electronic mantras
>might indicate a lack of new ideas.

HW seem to have been redoing old stuff for most of their life.  I don't mind
this, but I think the best approach they could take to the redoing old
tracks is to go for the radical remix approach a la Assassin.  I think they
could (and have) produce some stunning dance music and still keep the
essential secret ingredient X to their music, the way Eat Static have.