HW: Differences with Aussie Releases ?

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Tue Sep 12 17:21:32 EDT 1995

> Gidday All!
>
> I spent this afternoon salivating over Marty Lawrence's (of this list) HW
> record,
> CD, and video collection. I am extremely jealous, but that's not the
> reason for
> this post  :-)
>
> During the course of the day I noticed some differences between his
> (british) and
> my (Australian) collection which some of the more avid Kollectors on this
> list may
> be interested in.
>
> The Aussie pressing of Hawklords - 25 Years on is marked as published in
> 1979, not
> 1978. The marking appears on the bottom of the label rather than left of
> centre as
> well.

I was reading Robert Godwin's book and he does mention about the aussie release.
But he doesn't mention the 2 different ways the Hawklords name was written,on the front covers.
I have the pink one but there was also green ,the t-shirt I had from the tour
was also green.

I also looked at my Hawklords album shop poster with tour dates for November, it
mentions the single release of Psi Power c/w micro man (I think) ,which wasn't
released, it was Psi Power c/w Death Trap the catalogue no is the same though.
Does anyone know why the release was changed , fofp ?

> Live '79 has a blue bar in place of 'SEVENTY NINE' on the front cover
> (most of you
> know this allready)

The NZ version supposedly had this.

Does anyone own a copy of the slides that were given away in the German release
of Quark,Strangeness & charm,I believe they were from the 76 tour.

regards

Marty