Hawkwind losing steam?

Paul Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Tue Sep 12 16:45:17 EDT 1995

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Terry Poot wrote:

> On 11 Sep 95 at 15:05, bchina at CROWN.NET wrote:
>
> > time, but I was never very fond of the idea.  I'd like a new HW studio record which is
> > 100% brand new material that we've never heard before.
>
> Has there ever been such an album? :-) (Actually, forget the :-), and
> the first album obviously doesn't count. Have there been any albums
> with no recycled tracks? How many? I'm guessing after the first 2 or
> three, there're probably none at all.)

What rubbish!

Have you never listened to ANY of the Charisma LP's .... nothing recycled
there (except MAYBE some of the lyrics of 'Days of the Underground' and
'Spirit of the Age'). CotBS was 100% new as well, as was WotEoT and
Levitation (allthough 'Motorway City' was on Live 79).

Have to admit that many other LP's have recycled tracks, but it many
cases (at least up pre 1985) they are different enough from the originals.

What does makes it seem worse than it is would be the multitude of
compilations and bootleg releases.

All the same, it would be refreshing for HW to release a 100% new studio
LP, but I'm buying the new one anyway ASAP!

Paul
--
Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'          .---.  __  .--------   Long
R & D Manager, P & C Micro's Pty Ltd            /     \( o`-,  -----   may