Nuclear Drive=Nuclear Toy NOT!!

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Sep 12 11:48:27 EDT 1995

> > Recycled tracks on HW studio albums:
> >
> > Sonic Attack: Sonic Attack (a rather dire version, IMO)
>
> Plus, the lyrics for "Angels of Death" partially reprise "Born to Go"
>
> > Choose Your Masques: Silver Machine
>
> Plus the b-side to the 7" is (a perfectly dreadful version of)
> "Psychedelic Warlords"
>

> > IITBOTFTBD:
>
> Title from liner notes to _Space Ritual_!
>
> "Nuclear Drive" on _Church_ is really just "Nuclear Toy" (b-side) with
> different words.  "Virgin of the World" got another outing there too, and
> I think that was also the first case of "lives of great men" (Longfellow)
> coming back to haunt us.

Nuclear Toy=Nuclear Drive, Homey don't think so...

These track share one thing in common, the word "Nuclear"; the music and
lyrics are not anywhere close to being the same

> Don't actually have _Out & Intake_, but maybe some pour soul who paid
> good money for it can add some from that :)
>
> - Andy

Well, as I view _O&I_ as being a collection of "alternate takes" along with
some rare (well, they were at the time, before countless rehashings on
various compilations) tracks, I really can't slag it. Can't really think
of anything to add from it, either...

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400