Nuclear Drive=Nuclear Toy NOT!!

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Tue Sep 12 17:56:00 EDT 1995

Craig says

> Nuclear Toy=Nuclear Drive, Homey don't think so...
>
> These track share one thing in common, the word "Nuclear"; the music and
> lyrics are not anywhere close to being the same

This made me do a real double-take, as I distinctly recall listening to
_Church_ when I got it, and instantly recognising "Nuclear Drive" as
"Nuclear Toy".  So, I had to go back and check!  What it is, is that the
_CoH_ "ND" is very similar to the "NT" on Weird 101, and the "NT" b-side
is actually quite a radical re-arrangement of that original.  Listening
to those two common descendants of the same original, as it were, I can
see why it's not obvious.

If you've got Weird 101 and still disagree, then we'll have to agree to
disagree! :)

> Well, as I view _O&I_ as being a collection of "alternate takes" along
> with
> some rare (well, they were at the time, before countless rehashings on
> various compilations) tracks, I really can't slag it. Can't really think
> of anything to add from it, either...

Oh, I'm more than happy to slag it! :)  Looking in the Codex, what about
"Hassan I Sabha", "Ejection", and "Solitary Mind Games".

- Andy