Hawkon

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Sep 13 12:11:37 EDT 1995

Martyn Lawrence writes:

>         Hi
>                 I watched a programme on the local community tv last night
>         which featured an hour on kiss and the kiss convention.
>         The idea was basically loads of stalls selling a range of kiss
>         products even a bedspread for $600.Anyway kiss went there a did
>         a Q&A session with the fans.I thought this was a really good idea
>         ,I know that the band used to be very communicative with the fans
>         ,but not so much now apparently,so this would be excellent
>         idea for the hawks to do at the proposed hawkon.
>         I believe that kiss played a short set after this Q&A session,from
>         what I saw the fans really enjoyed themselves.
>
>         Did anyone on the list go to the first hawkon?
>         Was this Q&A session done there?

I have a video of the convention. There were quite a few stalls with
guys trading stuff and in some cases just displaying various Hawk
rarities. I'd hazard that a lot of the piccies in Rob Godwin's book may
have come from there.

There was no obvious question and answer session though members and
ex-members were going around amongst the fans so some informal sessions
would probably have occurred.

The music wasn't all it could have been given that people who hadn't
played together in years (or maybe nhad never ever played together) were
playing unrehearsed. Brock also disappeared before the mucic session for
some reason.

It's something that if done well could be very good. However if the
usual organisation prevails then I'm not so sure it'll happen that way.
There's also the question of whether the folks in the band will be
sensible enough to drop any frictions and arguments for a day and let
any and all ex-members come along.

It's something to encourage though.

>         regards
>
>         Marty