Hawkwind and Bridgette

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Wed Sep 13 19:12:29 EDT 1995

Duane writes:

> Can someone tell me what ever happened to Bridgette? What other albums
> does she sing on besides Space Bandits?  I found her voice to be a breath
> of fresh air hearing it with the Hawks.
>
> Duane

I don't think she's on any other HW albums (though can't remember about
California Brainstorm....but I think this was from the third recent US tour,
with HW as a three-piece...no Bridgett, no Harvey).  But she does appear on the
Traveller's Aid Trust album, as a member of the Hippy Slags I believe, which
also featured Richard's girlfriend if I'm not mistaken.  May have been the
connection that led to Bridgett joining HW, other than just the fact that both
played at free festivals.

I seem to remember that Bridgett may have left to be a modern dance instructor,
or something along those lines.  Can anybody confirm or deny that possibility?

Also, she appeared on the live video called 'Live Legends' in some areas of the
world......very good that one (esp. if you want to actually see the band
members), although the fire antics at the end get a bit tedious.  But real nice
to see Simon performing with the band in the 90's.

Keith H.

P.S.  Just wish Bridgett had done the lighted juggling club bit during Snake
Dance on the video, like she did on the '90 (?) US tour.  It was *real* cool.