Recycled Hawksongs

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Fri Sep 15 11:35:33 EDT 1995

Duane writes:

> After reading some of the previous posts about the Hawks redoing songs
> under different names, and re-editing and such, I went and listened
> to a bunch of my cd's and discovered another recycle I hadn't seen
> posted yet.  I noticed that the song Social Alliance on Zones is the
> same song as Out of the Shadows on Space Bandits.  The words are all
> different, but the music is almost identical, note for note, with the
> exception of there being more lead guitar added to Social Alliance.

Nah....can't be.  I seem to remember that Dave Brock didn't even write the
music to 'Out of the Shadows', but that it was written by an American Hawkfan
(can't remember his name at the moment).  But it's possible that in "covering"
the song, Brock has put his indelible stamp on it such that there might be a
true similarity between the two.  I must admit that thinking about the two
songs in question, they don't seem *that* much different.

Keith H.