Anothers Name

David Hardman DH2 at BES.LEEDS.AC.UK
Fri Sep 15 12:50:27 EDT 1995

>         As I understood it, he left his real girlfriend on
> earth to fly a space mission.  Due to the relativistic time dilation
> effect which he incurred, she would have been old when he returned
> to earth while he would still be the same age.

I don't understand this.  Surely, all the girl had to do was wait
until she was old enough to sign her own medical consent forms to be
frozen? Then the spaceman could have still returned to his girlfriend
only very slightly older than she was when he left?

Slightly less pedantically, although I'm mainly on this list for the
BOC content, I really do think that Spirit of the Age is one of the
best lyrics that anyone has ever written.

Dave Hardman