BOC set changes

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Sep 15 17:35:00 EDT 1995

"jd> Burnin' For You
jd> Godzilla
jd> Don't Fear The Reaper

>Personally, I wish they'd drop these three from the set entirely. They're
>good songs but you always *know* they'll play 'em. Too predictable."

Gee Rudy I tend to agree with you on Godzilla.  The radio killed this song
for me.  Yeah it rocks but I would put it to bed.  Burnin For You is another
song I would sub on the set list.  Now Don't Fear the Reaper is different.
 I would keep this song but I would do it acoustically, maybe even Buck
alone on the stage.

>(for some reason some of you get the real sender's name, but all I get is
>"owner-boc-l")

Can't recall if you posted info for the directory we are building.  If not
please provide me the info in the format below.

>  There is nothing (IMO) so compelling in these songs that even a
>hard core fan wouldn't mind if they did something else instead.
True.  I don't think many of the hardcore BOC fans ever indicated any of
these three as a personal favorite.  However one reason I think the band
keeps them in the setlist is the very same thing that turns you off  about
them, Radio!  These songs are played the most often, not that BOC gets much
airplay anyway.  For casual fans who are just dropping by not necesarrily to
see the band ,  it is a way for them to recognize the band.  You know "Oh so
thats who made that song."  People on this list can probably give their
opinion on the ultimate BOC set list but really the band is the one that
controls it and they obviously see some value in maintaining the songs.

> Sorry BOC people, I had to get this off my chest.  Maybe this is the
>1st step in my salvation.
No apologies are really necesarry for speaking your mind dude.

AB
abrevard at shl.com
Directory Format
FORMAT -