BOC set changes

Joseph Brooks bpalace!jbrooks at CONNECTNET1.CONNECTNET.COM
Fri Sep 15 23:24:47 EDT 1995

On Wed 13-Sep-1995 11:47a, Rudich, Robert A wrote:

RA> I'm a list newbie and I joined because of my Hawkwind inclinations, but
RA> somebody plucked my BOC string.  (I still haven't figured out how these 2
RA> bands came to be combined on this list.)   I have to admit only a passing
RA> interest in BOC.  The reason was touched on by the person who wrote :

RA> "jd> Burnin' For You
RA> jd> Godzilla
RA> jd> Don't Fear The Reaper

RA> Personally, I wish they'd drop these three from the set entirely. They're
RA> good
RA> songs but you always *know* they'll play 'em. Too predictable."

RA> (for some reason some of you get the real sender's name, but all I get is
RA> "owner-boc-l")

That was me :) I still enjoy the shows but am not thrilled when they break out
the 'big three'. In fact thats usually when I sit down for a rest... AB's idea
of a solo Buck, accoustic Reaper would be cool. I just wish the band would go
back to jamming the songs and not limit themselves to a rigid set but instead
play what they felt like and have some fun.

Sheesh, you can't tell me that they aren't sick of those songs themselves. I
wonder why they do that? Most of the folks at the shows are old fans anyway
and I'm sure would enjoy a breath of fresh air and not miss the 'three' at
all.

I still remember shows from the 70's where they'd jam on a song for what
seemed like hours... They were having a blast and it showed. Now they appear
to be just "Going Through The Motions", another day at the office.

I realize that it must be difficult to be that intense after all these years
but I wish they'd relax and maybe take a few chances. The accoustic "In Thee"
is a step in the right direction though....

Man, they ought to hire me as their manager :>

       |_||/          * jbrooks at bpalace.com                    Grateful BBS"